Leon N. Abbott and Arnold Veague Scholarships
“Helping those who most need it strive for greater heights.”
Named for Leon M. Abbott, Sovereign Grand Commander from 1921-1932, the Abbott Scholarship Program provides financial support for the continuing undergraduate and graduate education of Scottish Rite Masons, young men and women from Scottish Rite families, and Masonic-related youth groups.
The Arnold Veague Scholarship Program is an extension of the Abbott Scholarship Program for Maine residents who qualify under the Abbott Scholarship Program criteria.
To apply, applicants should print the form, complete it, and mail it to the appropriate Valley secretary. Applicants should submit their application to the Valley of the sponsor of the applicant. Applications must be received by April first of each year that the applicant is applying for the scholarship.
Those meeting any of the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Abbott and Veague Scholarship programs for undergraduate studies:
- A Scottish Rite Mason of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
- A student directly related (bloodline or by legal means) to a Scottish Rite.
- A Mason in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
A Scottish Rite Mason, or a member of a youth organization sponsored by the Masonic fraternity in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction who is:
- A high school senior, a currently accepted at an accredited trade school who has attained a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- A high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.